Who We Are
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
What We Do
With expertise in areas such as suicide prevention, early childhood development and learning, and youth workforce development, EDC collaborates with public and private partners to create, deliver, and evaluate programs, services, and products. This work includes:
- Creating resources such as curricula, toolkits, and online courses that offer engaging learning experiences
- Conducting formative and summative evaluations of initiatives
- Applying expertise in capacity building, professional development, and training and technical assistance
- Providing policy advisement, information documents, and research and analysis
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative studies to inform our programs and assess their impact
From in-depth research endeavors to district- and country-wide reform initiatives, our programs provide individuals, families, and communities with the knowledge, skills, and support they need to achieve a better future.
EDC envisions a world where all people are empowered to lead healthy, productive lives.
EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.